Yong Chen has been working in high volumn cancer centers majoring in Bone and Soft Tissue Sarcoma diagnosis and treatment for more than 10 years. He is one of the leading sarcoma surgeons and an active researcher in Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center. Chen is an important member of Chinese anti-cancer association (CACA) sarcoma committee and edited the "Diagnosis and Treatment Strategy of Soft Tissue Sarcoma" in 2010. He has published several peer-reviewed papers on sarcoma and translated several handbooks from English to Chinese in recent years.
2003.7- 2011.7 Resident, Surgeon in charge, Lecturer, Department of Bone and Soft Tissue Tumor, Tianjin Cancer Hospital and Institute, Tianjin Medical University.
2008.8- present Member of Chinese Sarcoma Group, Chinese Anti-Cancer Association (CACA).
2011.7- present Member of Spinal Tumor Committee, CACA.
2011.7- 2013.12 Surgeon in charge, Fudan University Cancer Center.
2011.9- present Member of Sarcoma Professional Youth Committee, CACA.
2013.3-2013.6 Soudavor Fellow in Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, U.S.A.
2013.12-present Attending Surgeon, Fudan University Cancer Center.
1. Utility of MESH in arthroplasty in treatment of malignant bone tumors. 5th Chinese conference on oncology in Shijiazhuang, Hebei province, China, Aug 2008.
2. Autograft with partial patella for reconstruction of knee joint in bone tumors around the knee. 16th ISOLS conference, Beijing, China, Sep 2011.
3. Surgical treatment for soft tissue sarcomas previously treated with surgery and radiation. GAP 2014, Seoul, Korea, May 2014.
1. Treatment of spinal vertebrae metastasis: report of 6 cases. 31th Annual of Japanese Spinal and Vertebrae Society, Tokyo, Japan, Jun 2006.
2. Impact of neoadjuvant therapy on scope of surgery and prognosis in high risk extremity soft tissue sarcomas. World Cancer Congress, Montreal, Canada, Aug 2012.
3. Surgical treatment for recurrent soft tissue sarcomas previously treated with surgery and radiation. 10th Annual conference of Asia-Pacific musculoskeletal society, Melbourne, Australia, Apr 2014.
1997 The Third Prize Award of student from Nankai University, Tianjin
2008 The 3rd class excellent paper in 5th Chinese conference on oncology in 2008
1. Start-up Fund, Fudan University Cancer Center, YJ201104. Chen Yong. 2012.01-2013.12.
2. National Natural Science Foundation of China: 81302342. Chen Yong. 2014.01-2016.12.
3. National Natural Science Foundation of China: 30901715/ C171002. Yang Jilong, Du Xiaoling, Pan Yi, Liao Zhichao, Chen Yong, et al. 2010.01-2012.12
4. Fund for Development of Science and Technology of Tianjin Education Department (20100123). Regulation of HIF-1 on CYPA and its role on cancer progression and metastasis. Chen Yong. 2011.1-2013.1.
5. Start-up Fund, Tianjin Cancer Hospital, Tianjin Medical University: 0902.
HIF-1 regulates expression of CYPA in pancreatic cancer. Chen Yong. 2010.01-2010.12.
6. Fund of Natural Science Foundation of Tianjin: The RNA interference of APE1 gene in osteosarcoma and its effect on chemotherapy. 080306. Duo Jian, Yang Jilong, Chen Yong, et al. 2008.01-2010.12.
Articles in English
1. Chen Yong, Hao JH, Ma WD, Tang Y, Gao CT, Hao XS. Improvement in treatment and outcome of patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: experience of a single institute in north China. J Gastrointestinal surgery 2011; 15:1026-1034.
2. Chen Yong, Hao JH, Yang Y, Yang JL, Hao XS. Tumor rupture predicts early metastasis and poor prognosis in Stage III soft tissue sarcomas. World J Surg 2011; 35(5): 1002-1009.
3. Chen Yong, Yang Yun, Yuan ZhanNa, Wang Chunmeng, Shi Yingqiang. Predicting chemosensitivity in osteosarcoma before chemotherapy: An investigational study of biomarkers with immunohistochemistry. Onco lett 2012; 3: 1011-1016.
4. Chen Yong, Yang Yun, Chunmeng Wang, Yingqiang Shi. Adjuvant chemotherapy decreases and postpones distant metastasis in extremity stage IIB/III synovial sarcoma patients. Jour Surg Onco 2012; 106:162-8.
4. Chen Yong, Yun Yang, ChunMeng Wang, YingQiang Shi. Radiographic response to neoadjuvant therapy and its impact on scope of surgery and prognosis in stage IIB/III soft tissue sarcomas. BMC Cancer 2013; 13:591.
Articles in Chinese
1. Chen Yong, Yang Yun, Wang Chunmeng, Shi Yingqiang. Standard treatment improves prognosis of patients with stage IIB/III synovial sarcoma: Report of 76 cases. CHINA ONCOLOGY; 2012, 22:695-700.
2. Chen Yong, Song JG, Yang Y, Zhang J, Zhao J. Utility of artificial MESH for prosthesis replacement in malignant tumors Chin J Bone Tumor & Bone Disease, 2010;Vol9(1):24-28.
2. Chen Yong, Yang Y, Zhao J, Liao ZC, Wang P, Song JG. Prognostic factors for primary high grade malignant fibrous histiocytoma of bone: a series of 42 cases in a single institute. Chin J Clin Onco 2010;37:1396-1400.
3. Yang Y, Chen Y (Co-author), Song JG, Xu WP, Shi YQ, Song JM, Li M, Yao Y, Sun P, Li CJ, Li T, Yuan T, Jin YJ, Zhao J. Diagnosis and treatment strategy for soft tissue sarcoma. Chin J Clin Onco 2010;37:1381-1385.
4. Xing RW, Chen Y, Fang ZW, Xue RF. Effects of anhydrous alcohol on devitalization and repair of neural and vascular vessels. Chin J Cancer Prev Treat 2009;16(4):270-272.
5. Zhao J, Yang Y, Chen Y, Liao ZC. Composite of massive hyperthermic aseptic water bath devitalized bone autograft and prosthesis repair used in limb salvage surgery. Chin J Cancer Prev Treat 2008;15 (24) :1898-1899.
6. Fang ZW, Chen Y, Xing RW, et al. In situ devitalization with anhydrous alcohol as adjuvant therapy in treatment of soft tissue sarcomas. Chin J Orthop 2006;26:493-495.
7. Zhao J, Song JG, Yang Y, Cheng M, Zhang J, Chen Y. Treatment of hand soft tissue sarcoma. Chin J Cancer Prev Treat 2006; 13:959-960.
8. Xing RW, Fang ZW, Song JG, Yang Y, Ma YL, Zhang J, Chen Y, et al. Clinical therapy for clear cell sarcoma. Chin J Orthop 2005; 25:485-490.
9. Xing RW, Song JG, Ma YL, Chen Y. Inflammatory malignant fibrous histiocytoma. Chin J Clin Onco. 2004; 31:709-711.